Making Mistakes Is Not A Bad Thing – You Can Fly!

Are you fearful of making mistakes in life? …or perhaps it’s been a while since you’ve made a mistake.  If so, could it be because you haven’t taken enough risks in life?

Taking risks is like a numbers game, the more risks you take the more mistakes you will make. When you go out on a limb, chances are you won’t get it right the first time. That’s okay! Life is all about learning along the way.

If you want to grow, learn to take risks. Be bold. Be courageous! It’s okay to fall — it’s not okay to stay down.

Don’t allow others to dictate the risks you take. Along the journey, you will find others who will tell you what you can’t do, but don’t let that phase you. Tune out the voice of the nay-sayers — aspire to prove them wrong.

Be like star trek — Boldly go where no man has gone before!

I’m reminded of the bumblebee. According to 20th century legends, the laws of aerodynamics prove that the bumblebee should be incapable of flight. Studies have shown that it does not have the capacity (in terms of wing size or beats per second) to achieve flight.

The bumblebee is the perfect example of how we should tune out what the nay-sayers say we can’t do. You see, this genius species of bees can’t understand the language of the scientists. They don’t know that the odds aren’t in their favor. Like any other creature in nature, they’ve learned to fly as a natural part of life. They’ve learned to fly in-spite of the quote on quote “handicap” that scientists have placed on this them.

Dare you rise up like the bumblebee and defy the laws that others have placed against you. Rise to new dimensions. Sure you may fall time after time. It may even seem like all odds are against you. But if you make mistakes in life, it doesn’t mean that you’re incompetent, it just means that you’ve put yourself out there. It means that you’ve endeavored to take more risks.

So when you fall don’t stay down, get back up. Brush your shoulders off and keep charging forth toward your victory today!

If you liked this article, be sure to share it on Twitter and Facebook. If reading this article via email, forward it to a friend. Also stop by the site, leave a comment and participate in the online community!

Photo credit: Toni Blay

Enter Your Mail Address

Related Posts

Line Break

Author: Jarrod Clark (787 Articles)

Hello and welcome to my blog. My name is Jarrod Clark, author and founder of OptimisticJourney.com and my goal for this blog is to provide inspirational messages for maintaining an optimistic outlook on life. To find out more about me, check out the About Jarrod tab at the top of the page and if you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact me! Thanks!

7 Comments

• At 2010.05.31 10:24, S. Ali Myers - Soulful Body & Mind said:

Jarrod,

Beautiful post sir!

I am always amazed by how people get so down after a mistake or setback. Fortunately, for me, I ALWAYS find light in dark times. Emotions are tricky sometimes but when you have control over them, mistakes become opportunities. An individual’s perspective is what allows them to sink or swim…..grab your life jacket!

Peace!
    Ali

• At 2010.06.01 21:49, Jarrod Clark said:

Hi Ali,

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your words of encouragement. I love your tag line, “grab your life jacket!” Good one – We all need to grab our life jacket and hold on tight, because “the ride aint easy!”

• At 2010.05.31 20:43, Alex said:

Reminds of a quote from Karen Ruby’s list “It’s not how far you fall, but how high you bounce”
      This is a great post Jarrod and I’m glad you I popped over.Nice and succinctly put and I like the line ‘t’s okay to fall — it’s not okay to stay down.’

NB: You are a comment king my friend and after seeing your gravatar on nearly every comment thread I find I thought I’d better come and say g’day.
      Awesome dude, Ill be back

• At 2010.06.01 21:50, Jarrod Clark said:

Hi Alex,

Well I’m glad you stopped by! Thanks for your words of encouragement. LOL I try to make my way around the blogosphere and spread encouragement. Take care and have a great day my friend!

• At 2010.06.01 20:35, Lc Wallace said:

I too also like the “It’s okay to fall” and no it’s not okay to stay down. It’s very encouraging to be here!

• At 2010.06.01 21:52, Jarrod Clark said:

Hi LC,

Thanks for stopping by! I’m glad you like my little “Jarrodism” as I call it, and I have a lot of them…lol. I realized that I missed your shows last night and it was too late when I realized it. I’ll have to catch you next Monday. Have a great week!

• At 2010.06.03 03:03, Kim said:

Hi Jarrod,

Following my post today, your post is like having you take the words from my mouth! Experiencing this first hand, I resonate with “learning to take risks. Be bold. Be courageous!” It seems silly now, when I say out loud, “It’s okay to fall” a.k.a fail. After all, everyone makes mistakes. I just needed to give myself permission.

You’re on point with saying,’it’s not okay to stay down.’ It is at this point we have an opportunity to exercise our resilience and grow.

Another wonderful post!

P.S. I confess, I didn’t know about the bumblebee… It was a fun fact to learn today :)

(Required)
          (Required, will not be published)