Benefits of Smiling
Benefits of SmilingBy
“A smile confuses an approaching frown.” – Author Unknown
As we get wrapped up in the hustle and bustle of the day, we tend to let our smile fade away. We forget the true benefit that a warm smile has on us and others around us.
I encourage you to start your day off with a smile. It will instantly curve your mood for the better and it will uplift another person’s mood in return.
Well you may say, “Jarrod, people won’t take me seriously if I walk around smiling for no reason.” I dare you to shake this mentality and open your range of thinking. You’re only focusing on the negative aspect of the spectrum, when thinking such a thought.
Too often we focus on the reason why everyone says we shouldn’t smile, but what about those reasons that we should smile? Here are a few reasons why you should smile:
- Smiling is contagious.
- Smiling has been proven to be an instant mood changer.
- When you smile you communicate to yourself that everything is okay.
- Studies have shown that employers promote employees who tend to smile more.
- People who smile are seen by most to be more confident.
- Smiling is universal body language.
- When you smile, the whole world smiles with you. When you frown you frown alone.
- It takes less muscles to smile than it does to frown.
- You look better when you smile. After all, why do they always say smile before taking pictures? To make the pictures look presentable.
- A warm smile brightens up the room.
- People who smile appear more friendly and outgoing.
- Coping mechanism – Such as laughing, sometimes you have to smile to keep from crying. Even when in the face of adversity and extreme stress a smile is your ability to cope with the situation.
Relinquish the mind-set that the world has placed on you that says you shouldn’t smile. Change your focus.
Remember, you have a small window of time to make a great first impression, why not make that impression on the back of a welcoming smile. I do believe you will be remembered for the smile that you posses. Make the wise decision to bring a warm smile to the equation today as you charge forth on your journey of life!
If you liked this article, be sure to share it on Twitter and Facebook. If reading this article via email, forward it to a friend. Also stop by the site, leave a comment and participate in the online community!
Author: Jarrod Clark (644 Articles)
Hello and welcome to my blog. My name is Jarrod Clark, author and founder of OptimisticJourney.com and my goal for this blog is to provide inspirational messages for maintaining an optimistic outlook on life. To find out more about me, check out the About Jarrod tab at the top of the page and if you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact me! Thanks!