Two Powerful Words, Thank You

“God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say “thank you?~William A. Ward

There is a natural tendency for us humans to constantly want more, it’s in our nature. It’s always about the next best thing. What are the trends now-a-days? What is everybody getting? These are two questions that you may often ask yourself.

Companies are making a fortune because they know that in spite of the recession, or regardless of the drop in the economy that there is always a demand for new technology. When the iphone came out, people waited in long lines to get one. They did the same with the ipad and a host of other new gadgets on the scene.

With technology constantly changing and progressing, it’s very easy to lose focus on what we already have. We tend to forget about the things that we are thankful for.

Do you find yourself getting caught up in the hype and wanting the newest thing that’s come out on the market? Remember, God honors those who show gratitude for the good in their life. It’s so easy to get wrapped up in the hustle and bustle of the day that we forget to say thank you.

Just like today’s saying states, there are 86,400 seconds in a day. I don’t know about you my friend but that sounds like too big of a number to not take 1 second to simply say thank you.

Gratitude is so powerful that they devoted a whole day to show thanks for the discovery of America. Every third Thursday in November businesses shut down and family comes in town to celebrate Thanksgiving. We take out time to focus on how much we have to be thankful for.

Why wait until Thanksgiving day to say thank you. I believe you will have more peace of mind when you show gratitude everyday. There is power in those 2 words, thank you.

Thank you, mends broken relationships

When there are misunderstandings in relationships, a simple thank you can provide the leverage that’s needed to resolve them. People let down their guards when they know that they are appreciated rather than undervalued. Remember, to show gratitude to someone today.

Don’t wait until Thanksgiving day, don’t wait until someone does a favor for you to show your gratitude. Find a special friend or loved one today and tell them thank you for anything that they’ve done for you. A simple thanks for being a great friend is one of the best thanks that one can receive.

What are some things that you’re grateful for? Something amazing happens when you focus your time and energy on what you’re thankful for rather than focusing on what you don’t have. I encourage you my friend to express more gratitude as you charge forth on your journey of life.

Photo by riptheskull

Enter Your Mail Address

Related Posts

Line Break

Author: Jarrod Clark (786 Articles)

Hello and welcome to my blog. My name is Jarrod Clark, author and founder of OptimisticJourney.com and my goal for this blog is to provide inspirational messages for maintaining an optimistic outlook on life. To find out more about me, check out the About Jarrod tab at the top of the page and if you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact me! Thanks!

19 Comments

• At 2010.04.14 22:21, Jeremy Johnson said:

I definitely could use thank you a little more in my life. Thanks for this reminder Jarrod.

• At 2010.04.14 23:08, Jarrod Clark said:

Me too Jeremy. Such a simple yet powerful concept, those 2 powerful words, thank you.

• At 2010.04.14 23:35, Kim said:

Hi Jarrod,

Great post. I used to be a regular at a deli… the waitress had said to me, I’ve never had a customer say ‘thank you’ as much as you — you make up for all of the thankless customers I see throughout the day. It struck me how gratitude can go a long way to make a person feel valued. Gratitude should be a daily practice.

Thank you for your work and contribution to personal growth and development :)

• At 2010.04.14 23:55, Jarrod Clark said:

Hi Kim,

Your story makes a great point because, people remember thank you’s and they remember when they are not thanked too. We can change someone’s day by simply showing appreciation to them. Especially those who are servers.

Thanks for sharing my friend.

• At 2010.04.14 23:38, Baby Gifts said:

The most powerful words anyone can use, are the words that trigger something in the listeners mind. Words like that can change peoples life, start wars or end wars and best of all make you start to do your thinking for yourself.

• At 2010.04.15 01:37, ayo said:

hi jarrod,
          how are you?
          thanks for reminding us about the importance of saying thank you and really appreciating kind gestures no matter how little they appear to be.
          we take a lot of things for granted, the hairs on our head, the air we breathe………
          thank you for the encouraging posts on your blog, constant visits and commenting to my blog, staying upright even in the face of fierce adversity and relieving such experiences with a testimony.
          you take care and God Bless

• At 2010.04.15 22:06, Jarrod Clark said:

Hi Ayo,

Thank you for your comments and contributions here. I really appreciate your support here!

• At 2010.04.15 05:20, Megan said:

Thank you for reminding us to say thank you. HeHe. You’re right those two little words can go a long way. It shows that you don’t take for granted the things people do for you, big or small. This and saying “Sorry” They may be small words but they are very powerful.

• At 2010.04.15 22:08, Jarrod Clark said:

Hi Megan,

You are so right. Saying sorry is another powerful word. Please is another powerful word too!

Thanks for stopping by!

• At 2010.04.15 11:25, Evelyn said:

Hi Jarrod,

Great post! I am thankful for my daughter. My daughter was born with an extra chromosome, but she is alive, healthy and doing well. I use to focus so much on the negative, but the positive out weigh the negative any day. I am also thankful for my husband. Today he told me that he appreciated me supporting him in his career.

When we hear that we are appreciated and people express thank yous, it makes living life so much more worth living.

Thanks for the reminder, Jarrod!

• At 2010.04.15 22:10, Jarrod Clark said:

Hi Evelyn,

Sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for. Especially with your daughter. I know you are truly blessed that she is alive, healthy and doing well. I love your mindset here.

Thank you for stopping by!

• At 2010.04.15 11:33, Ricardo PatrocĂ­nio said:

Hello Jarrod.

I am a firm believer in the power of gratitude and feedback. And, because of that, I want you to know I consider this a great post, and I want to thank you for sharing.

Have a wonderful day,
                R.

• At 2010.04.15 22:11, Jarrod Clark said:

Hi Ricardo,

Welcome. Yes there is indeed power in being thankful. Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a great day too my friend.

• At 2010.04.15 19:14, Greg Blencoe said:

Hi Jarrod,

Thanks so much for the wonderful reminder to say thank you a lot more and be more grateful. We all have so much to be thankful for in our lives.

I really like the quote you included at the beginning of your post. When put in those terms, it doesn’t make sense not to say thank you at least once per day and hopefully many more times than that.

THANK YOU for this post and for the positive message you are spreading through your blog!!!

• At 2010.04.15 22:13, Jarrod Clark said:

Welcome Greg,

You’re right, with that many seconds in a day, we can say thank you more times than just once. Thank you for stopping by and contributing, kind words! Take care my friend!

• At 2010.04.15 21:14, Mars Dorian said:

I’m really thankful for being alive, breathing every day and I following my fire inside (my passion).
                    It’s a big thing, and you never know when you have to breathe your last breath, and that’s why I am taking the most out of every single day !

• At 2010.04.15 22:16, Jarrod Clark said:

Welcome Mars,

One of the greatest things we can be grateful for is fire and passion. That’s a gift that we should take lightly. There are many people who, even in their old age haven’t discovered their passion. I love your outlook my friend. Thank you for your contribution!!

• At 2010.04.23 04:19, Lorena from Italy said:

Hi Jarrod,
                      I started a Grateful Journal right yesterday night. It’s a common blank paper diary, where I will write something — at least 5 items per day — to be grateful every night, for 30 days. I think writing down our thoughts can help in focusing on them. Well, I’m giving that a try…I’m very enthusiastic about my mission! I mean, life’s sooo wonderful.. you just have to unveil it!

• At 2010.04.23 22:20, Jarrod Clark said:

Hi Lorena,

I think that starting a grateful journal is a great idea. I commend you on doing so. It will change your whole perspective on life. I think that I may consider doing the same. Thanks for contributing!

(Required)
                      (Required, will not be published)