So another birthday has rolled around. 29 years ago April 8th, 1981, I was born. The older I get the more I learn about myself, friends, family and life. The older I get the more mature I get.
Although I’ve always been kind of an “old head” in a way, the test of time has brought on many challenges in my life. Some were interesting others were more difficult. All in all I can say that I’ve learned a few things throughout my 29 years of living so far.
What I’ve learned so far:
- To seize every moment in life. I can’t buy back time. I can’t buy back memories. Appreciate every waking moment.
- To cherish the close family and friends in my life.
- Love is priceless. – Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
- To make wise decisions. Every choice I make has a big impact on myself.
- There is power in prayer.
- Sometimes you just have to say NO and other times you must say Yes.
- I’ve learned when to say NO and when to say Yes.
- It’s better to have loved and lost.
- I’ve learned how good it feels to extend a helping hand.
- To be grateful for that which I have.
- No matter how bad it seems, it could always be worse.
- I’ve learned that denial is not just a river in Egypt.
- Speaking of Egypt… I’ve learned that just like Pharaoh, sometimes you just have to “Let People Go!” (leave some people behind)
- I’ve learned to let go and let God.
- Success doesn’t come easy. Indeed there’s a price to pay for it.
- Sometimes you just gotta roll with the punches – other times you gotta stand your ground.
- The devil doesn’t come in the form of a temptress in a blue dress, neither does he come in a red cape, holding a dagger staff, or has two horns growing out his head… he’s real and he plays hard ball.
- When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
- If you can’t stand the heat get out of the kitchen.
- Life lessons are priceless, learn from them.
- I’ve learned to obey my parents.
- There’s power in getting a good education. Never quit school!
- What goes around Sho ’nuff comes around. Give and it will be given unto you.
- When one door closes another opens.
- I’ve learned to give it all I’ve got… every. single. time.
- Laughter is the best medicine and smiling is contagious.
- When I believe, anything is possible.
- Happiness is an emotion, Joy is a gift from the good Lord above.
- As far as the east is from the west, so far hath He (Jesus…the Son of man) removed our transgressions from us.
- I’ve learned that I must forgive but I don’t necessarily have to forget.
- I’ve learned the importance in dreaming and dreaming big.
I can go on and on but it’s important to realize that life is a precious gift. Life is full of lessons, joys, sorrows, mistakes, successes and failures. We must treasure every moment of life and learn from it. Although I’ve learned much from life, I realize that I have a long way to go. There is a lot I would like to experience and accomplish.
What I would like to accomplish in the years to come:
- Become an even better person.
- Develop an even closer relationship with God.
- Devote more time to family and friends.
- Give more of my time, talent, and treasure for free.
- Swim with the dolphins.
- Fish out in the deep.
- Travel more of the world.
- Grow wiser beyond my years.
- Become an expert in my field.
- Experience more of nature.
- Go rock climbing.
- Go hiking.
- Go camping. (believe it or not never done so.)
- Set sail out in the deep sea.
- Give lots and lots of money to a charity organization.
- Help others become a better person and realize their full potential.
- Spread my wings and flying higher (figuratively speaking.)
- Experience more of life outside of the norm. (ie: climb a mountain, go skiing, and possibly run a marathon, to name a few)
- Step outside of my comfort zone and think outside of the box.
- Let go of those things and people who have held me back.
Whether it’s your birthday or not, new beginnings start everyday. If God is merciful enough to wake you up in the morning, He is merciful enough to turn your life around at any given time. I want to hear from you my friend. What are some things that you’ve learned in life? And what are somethings that you aspire to do in your years to come?