“I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live” – Deuteronomy 30:19
God has given us the ability to make our own choices. Many times we come to a crossroad in life and we have 4 options: We can either go right, go left, keep straight ahead or we can turn around and go back where we came from.
Let’s say that you’re headed down the straight and narrow. You’ve sought after Gods heart. You’ve done everything that you know to do and out of no where, God brings you to a crossroad. In other words, He is giving you an option. He is testing you to see if you’re going to keep moving straight ahead toward your goal or if you’re going to waiver to the right or to the left.
My friend, ultimately God has the last say so. Although He is in control, He allows us to make our own choices in life. What choice are you going to make, will you choose life?
I would like to use as an analogy, the story about the red pill – blue pill. I’ll never forget watching The Matrix when, Morpheus, offers, Neo, the choice to either accept the red pill to answer the question: “What is the matrix?” or the blue pill to simply carry life on as it was before.
Although, Neo, took the red pill, which sent him along the journey to find out about the matrix, he soon discovered that it wasn’t an easy road. Throughout the movie there were instances where, if he had the choice to do it over, he would’ve went back and taken the blue pill.
I wanted to use this story because it almost perfectly paints the picture of the choices that you have when God is dealing with you. Are you regretful of the choices that you have made? Often times the road that God has for us isn’t always easy but we must follow as the Lord commands because He knows whats best for us. You can either take up your cross and follow Christ or take the easy way out; it’s your choice.
The simple choices that we make on a daily basis impact our lives in one way, shape or form.
We have the choice to:
- Be complacent or rise to a new level.
- Wake up a few minutes earlier to pray or sleep an extra 30 minutes and rush out the door.
- Smile and exchange a kind word with a stranger or stick our nose up in arrogance.
- Let someone over in traffic or ignore them knowing that they’ve got their blinker on.
- Give that extra 5 dollars in the offering plate or keep it to yourself and waste it on something that you probably don’t need.
- Take the wrong road or take the road that you know is right.
- Turn on the TV or pick up the Word of God and study it.
- Splurge when you get paid or save your money.
- Pay your tithes or keep it and remain cursed.
- Over look that person who is in need of help or go out of your way and help them.
- Hold a grudge or reach out, call a friend and forgive them.
- Hold on to past hurts or let it go and look to the future.
My friend, these are just a few options that we make on a daily basis. Mostly everything that we do all comes down to a choice. Seek the face of God and ask Him to guide you to make wise decisions. When He shows you the right path to take, don’t waiver to the left or to the right, keep your eyes focused on Him and He will order your steps as you go through your life journey.