Let Your Haters Be Your Motivators

They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, (Romans 1:29 ESV)

There may come a time, if you haven’t already faced it, when you come across haters in life. The sad thing is, everybody that you make acquaintance with are not always going to be supportive of you.

I encourage you to stay motivated, regardless of the haters that you may face. Friend, it may help to know that when you have people hating on you or what you’re shooting for in life, it just means that you’re doing something good. When people hate on you, it also means that they don’t have confidence in themselves to do the things that you’ve done or accomplished in life.

Next time you face someone who looks down on you, or tries to convince you that it’s worthless to dream big and set goals, that is a time to pray on their behalf.

A wise man once said, “Let your haters be your motivators.” Friend, when you come across haters in your life, let that motivate you to press on and do what you’ve set out to do. Don’t let forces of darkness kill your dreams. No. Press on regardless of what those around you are telling you.

Photographer to Photographer Sometimes you will find in life that people won’t like you, just because. You may have done nothing to be disliked but people won’t like you simply because either you have something they want, or you are someone they want to be.

When you come across  those types of people, love on them regardless but be mindful of how you associate with them. If you don’t watch it, they will talk you out of your dreams and goals.

Associate with those who are building you up and who are supportive of what you want to do in life. It’s important that you develop a strong support team of those who will support and encourage you through the thick and the thin.

Even when the day seems dark, listen to those who are encouraging you to press on. In the end it all comes down to whether you succeed, not the haters who you’ve faced along the way. You are more than a conqueror and you can do great things in Jesus name!

Enter Your Mail Address

Related Posts

Line Break

Author: Jarrod Clark (786 Articles)

Hello and welcome to my blog. My name is Jarrod Clark, author and founder of OptimisticJourney.com and my goal for this blog is to provide inspirational messages for maintaining an optimistic outlook on life. To find out more about me, check out the About Jarrod tab at the top of the page and if you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact me! Thanks!

12 Comments

• At 2009.12.07 06:46, Tonya Briggins said:

I love it!!!

• [...] Clark presents Let Your Haters Be Your Motivators | Optimistic Journey posted at Optimistic [...]

• At 2010.04.01 21:59, Travis said:

Couldn’t have said it better myself… most haters in life are simply jealous of your success. I don’t mean that in a stuck-up way, but instead of feeling happy for what you’ve accomplished, they get resentful and choose to hate instead of being supportive. Truth be told, there’s really very little you can do to change these people, and one of the things I constantly tell people is that if somebody else is going to take the time to criticize you, you’re obviously doing something right.

Haters will hate, but don’t ever let that stop you.

• At 2010.04.01 22:38, Jarrod Clark said:

@Travis – Great point! I totally agree, if people have time to hate on you then that means you’re doing something right. For those who have never had haters, good for them but for those who have experienced hatred they should channel that experience and let it motivate them to continue to thrive in life!

• At 2010.06.04 19:40, Ceylon said:

I’m a attractive lady get a lot of hating… I’ve always pray and thanks God for my beauty and my life the way my mother raise me… When come to haters I usually tell them…I don’t kiss haters, I love haters. But, it doesn’t mean I love the devil… I just feel like we supposed to love everyone (no matter what), including the unloveable… Ain’t nobody in this world perfect….ONLY GOD!!!

• At 2010.06.07 22:23, Jarrod Clark said:

Hi Ceylon,

Glad you stopped by! I applaud you for your mind-set here. Often time, the beautiful women get hated on most because haters can’t find anything physical to tear you down about. Therefore they play quote on quote, “hard ball” and try to tear you down by simply hating on everything that you do. Don’t let this discourage you.

Sounds like you’re on the right track and I love how you say, “I don’t kiss haters, I love haters.” This is so true. Thanks for stopping by and contributing to the community. God bless you and have a wonderful day!

• At 2010.11.05 13:59, Tyler J.Logan said:

I really agree with what you are saying when people hate you, there is something that they want, or want to be, or they want to reach where you’re at, but not do the things to get to that certain destination! I really like that and this is very true! Haters can destroy, or they can motivate you to the next level! Thanks for sharing!
              Tyler j.Logan

• At 2012.01.23 10:15, Omar said:

Very positive. When you busy living your dreams you won’t even notice them.

• At 2012.01.24 19:36, Jarrod Clark said:

I agree, Omar! That’s a great tip. It’s good to find something to occupy ourselves and our minds with and we won’t notice them. Great point, thanks!

• At 2012.05.24 19:08, Delta 4 said:

Very good article, as someone who has lived it with my own siblings. I have always made haters my motivators. Some get to caught up in trying to cause harm to others that they take away from their own accomplishments. Thats why they don’t have any. Three weeks prior to a huge endeavor of my own, I had a sibling call my home. For some odd reason they waited 30 plus of my years to tell me, when my parents conceived me they wanted me to be born dead. I was shocked, but not surprised, very predictable personality.

However it assisted me in my endeavor, knowing that the sibling was trying to cause emotional distress for cause me to fail. I actually hung up and shook my head, was totally unaffected, not in the way they deceitfully tried. I pursued the pursuit to happiness, thanks to them. Really, I actually have to thank this sibling for the push to even accomplish more while in the process.

Haters are my motivators and Love does conquer all, to those who LOVE us, we should know who they are. The support I have had through my endeavors were all loving, secure, confident people who took the place of those who try and belittle your ambition. Mark Twains famous quote only the great want you too, to be great. Small minds belittle your ambition.

• At 2012.05.24 20:01, Delta 4 said:

By the way Jarrod, love your website, very inspiring. When people ask me, ” Whats up,” my response is always, ” The Skys the limit.” It really gets others attention and they usually reply, thats right.

• At 2012.05.24 23:59, Jarrod Clark said:

@Delta – Hello Delta and welcome. I love your response to “Whats up.” You’re right it does get other’s attention. Thanks for stopping by and God bless you tremendously!

(Required)
                        (Required, will not be published)